IT4Causes has implemented our emergency plan, and we've established a virtual Command Center to help local nonprofits with technology to continue to serve their missions while maintaining social distancing. Contact us if you need help, or if you want to volunteer your IT skills during the emergency situation.
Better I.T. For a Better World
Our Mission: IT4Causes, a 501(c)(3) organization, provides stable, secure, and sustainable information technology solutions that enable other nonprofit organizations to focus on their missions and serve their clients better, with lower total cost to their organization and the community.
Awesome new volunteer opportunities!
Why IT Matters
Our Impact, 2018
Check out our 2018 Impact Statement for lots of details on how we converted staff, volunteer, and intern hours with donations, events, and fee-for-service revenue into over $575,000 in impact to local nonprofits in and around Richmond, VA.
Common IT Challenges for Small and Mid-sized Nonprofits:
In addition to problems faced by most organizations, the unique nature of nonprofits creates even more challenges:
- Lack of knowledgeable, dedicated IT staff due to lack of funding
- No long-term IT strategy
- Productivity loss and other risks from unstable servers, unreliable networks, lack of redundancy, inconsistent backups, and inadequate security
Agencies often ask volunteers to help out, but this can result in:
- Loss of knowledge when volunteers move on
- Inconsistent configurations over time
- Cobbled-together solutions that are not maintainable