As the 4th of July is upon us, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on freedom, and what it means to us at IT4Causes. We believe that people helping people is one of the things that makes this country great, and we’re here to enable people in information technology to do this on their own terms. At IT4Causes, we provide:
- Volunteers the freedom to use their skills when they want, and for as much time as they would like
- Volunteers the freedom to apply the skills they already know, or to learn how to use new technologies to help others
- Our nonprofit partners the freedom from the burdens of inefficient processes and systems, to free up more time to pursue their important missions
- Our donors the freedom to support many different causes with a single pledge.
We’re also proud to support other concepts that are key to the American experience through the agencies we serve, such as:
- Liberation Veteran Services works with homeless veterans every day, and we’re helping them figure out their IT needs and systems,
- The services we’ve provided at ReEstablish Richmond have allowed them to increase their staff that work tirelessly with refugees who are resettling in the melting pot of RVA,
- Art180 provides disadvantaged youth the freedom to express themselves through art, and we provide them with IT services to help their staff do that even better,
These are just a few of the many agencies that IT4Causes and its many pro bono experts, IT volunteers, and interns work with every day to ultimately help others try to realize their own American dream.
We hope you have a safe and fun holiday, and we invite you to continue the celebration of American freedom at our Red White and Brew Happy Hour, on Weds July 12 from 5:30-7:30 at the Triple Crossing Brewery in Fulton. Because we have such great sponsors at Impact Makers, Berkana Enterprise Consulting (BECteam), and Vaco Technologies, we’re able to offer a special promotion of 40% off all tickets throughout the long holiday weekend, using promo code “July40”! So for just $15, you can enjoy great draft beer, flatbread pizzas, and awesome networking opportunities. Of course, you are also free to pay the full $25 admission, knowing that your generosity goes straight to helping local charities be more effective and efficient with better data and IT solutions.
So this weekend, let freedom ring, and we hope to see you on July 12!