Wondering what to do with your old laptop or desktop? Are you too worried about your data to get rid of it? Would you like your old tech to help veterans transition back to civilian life?
Have no fear, IT4Causes and Tech For Troops Project are here to help! Give new life to your old equipment! Donate your used laptops, desktops, printers/scanners, and flat screen monitors to IT4Causes’ Holiday Happy Hour at The Tin Pan on November 24, and we’ll make sure:
- Your data is scrubbed completely from all devices using chain-of-custody and state-of-the-art data removal processes*
- Your equipment is put to the best possible use.
- Serviceable equipment will be refurbished and provided to eligible veterans and nonprofits who serve them to help them learn technology and find civilian jobs.
- Other equipment will be recycled to keep it out of landfills, and to raise funds for Tech For Troops Project.
- You get a tax-deductible receipt for your equipment and any cash donation.
Sorry, we can’t accept CRT monitors at this event.
To donate, please bring your equipment to:
To offset the costs of refurbishing/recycling your equipment, we recommend a $10 donation to help IT4Causes and Tech For Troops Project continue to provide great IT to nonprofits and veterans. While you’re there, why don’t you come in and join our Holiday Happy Hour? Enjoy networking with nonprofit and IT professionals, happy hour specials until 7, and the cool sounds of the CJ Wolfe Trio starting at 7-9 PM. Click here to prepay your refurbishment donation and/or RSVP to the event. We hope to see you there!
*While Tech For Troops Project (a nonprofit in Richmond VA) will securely scrub your data before disposing of equipment, we also recommend you:
- Take care of the data on your computer. We recommend you back up the data you want to keep and then delete all data. DBAN is a commonly used program for deleting data.